Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday, January 9, 2014

"I told my doctor about that, and he gave me new medicine, so it won't happen anymore."

I said this to Kristin, when discussing the absurdity that the giant format graphic text World War Robot was used as a lap desk for my computer, since I had recently broken my plastic lap desk in a fit of rage while grading some nonsense assignment. Kristin didn't like using World War Robot as a lap desk, and argued that a proper lap desk would be much better.

Really, I was responding to what her eyes were saying, not her words. After I said these words she laughed a lot, which made me feel better about the whole thing.

And she's right. A proper lap desk would do better than a 12" x 12" hardback book. But right now I think that's my lesson to learn, and not hers, since I'm the one that broke the previous lap desk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment