Saturday, January 2, 2016

another year, another try

So, it's 2016. I'm going to give this another go. I'll start by sharing my goals for the year.

1. Learn sign language with Kristin.
I want to do this, because I love hanging out with Kristin, and I love learning, and I see it as an opportunity to connect with more people. Communication is important, and learning to sign will help me grow my opportunities for communication. We're going to use apps on our phones, and hopefully take some classes at OTC.

2. Read 25 books. Posts and reviews to follow here and on Goodreads
There's a nice blog I like to read, Farnam Street, and it's got a pretty good piece titled "Just Twenty-Five Pages a Day." The headline may seem more hardline than the theme, and that's why I encourage you to read the article. The theme is really good.

3. Write every week. Publish here at least twice a month.
I want to reflect after a week at work. I want to write of my thoughts based on what I'm seeing and experiencing at work. I want to get down my own ideas after all the reading that I'm doing. I want to form some of my own thoughts in longer form. Sometimes I'll be tentative to publish, so sometimes what I'll put up will be crap. Other times, after more mulling things over, hopefully what I write will be better.

4. Exercise three times a week. 
I've got a membership to Planet Fitness. It's cheap, and it's good for me. I like going there and listening to the Bible or podcasts, especially Serial. If I can kill two birds with one stone, then I can listen to three podcasts and exercise three times a week. Wednesday and Thursday are off, and I usually hate doing that stuff on Sundays. So I've got Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Let's hope I can do it.

5. Eat well.
Vegetables with every meal: three or four cups a day. Two to three cups of fruit a day. Moderate meat protein. Minimum sugar. Little to no wheat, whey, and/or gluten. It helps me feel better, lighter, healthier.

Let's see what the year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment