Wednesday, July 1, 2009

pictures and captions - I need to go to sleep

I haven't updated in a while, and I really want to, but I also want to sleep so that I can enjoy this trip. So here are way more pictures than I originally planned.

The Watson's

The Hatleys

The Hatleys, version 2

I drove for 17 hours on Sunday. This is the best picture I took out of my window.

This was the only hiker I saw on the trail all day. I was hiking the Confluence Overlook trail in the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park. It wasn't as expectedly eerie being that alone out on the trail when it was hotter than I've ever been in my life.

Me, at the Confluence Overlook. To my left is the Green River, and to my right is the Colorado River. It's pretty amazing how the water mixed when the rivers met.

I was just proud of this picture. Taken at the Needles Overlook in Canyonlands.

Another one I'm pretty proud of.

The Needles are an absolutely amazing place.

What else can I say? The lighting even cooperated.

That's just from Tulsa (not much), the drive (just one), and my first day in Canyonlands. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more up, and take the time to write.
On a side note, I hate the html in blogs so much, especially when inserting pictures, that I'm pretty sure after I do this I will never use blogger again.

1 comment :

  1. I couldn't agree more about how annoying it is to insert pictures; I seriously don't think they could have made it more aggravating! The only way I've been able to move pictures around without taking like half an hour is to copy and paste the code in the html tab. Obviously, my lingo isn't quite all there, but that's the best way I've figured it out..and even then, it sometimes messes up!

    Your pictures remind me of the only desert I've ever been to--the Painted Desert in Arizona. Have you ever been there? I think if you like deserts as much as it seems in your writing, you should definitely check it out. Plus, they'd make for some absolutely amazing pictures!

    By the way, on your solo hikes, I hope you're carrying around some kind of protection for potential self-defense...especially considering the interesting people you've encountered so far!

    ReplyDelete