Tuesday, September 7, 2010

3 thoughts from today

1. Today, at school, I slept for about 1.5 hours on a couch in a closet. It was awesome. I wish I could do that more.

2. It seems that, regardless of how much I comfort myself with food--today it was a smoothie from Cold Stone Creamery, chicken and potato soup (that I made with Kristin), Triscuit, Oreos--I still somehow lose weight. Maybe I do have a worm or a parasite.

3. I'm not a good leader; I'm just a good doer that occasionally does things well enough for people to appreciate and attempt to emulate. I wish I were more transparent in my thoughts (that might be scary) and actions, so that I really could be replaceable. I've always thought of that as the best indicator of good leadership. I like to ask myself the question: how fast I could be replaced by someone I've led? If I'm not replaced, and the job goes undone--like middle school soccer at Pleasant View--then I've been more negative than positive. If the outcome reveals that people were totally dependent upon me, then I've done the opposite of leadership. If I'm replaced easily, and the transition is smooth, then I've done a good job. But I don't have any examples of that right now, so I'm back where I began: I'm not a good leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment