Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Another Year, Another Resolution

It's another year--2020!!!--and that means another resolution to use this blog to write and publish. I'm starting the year sharing my goals. My fourth goal maybe should be revised to "Think and publish every day."

I have been thinking about this for several weeks, and I'm thinking my categories will be personal, spiritual, educational. If there's stuff beyond that, I will be surprised. I used to have Pages for Writings and Readings and Pictures, but now everything is going together. In 2020, I'm going to post pictures with my thoughts, I'm going to post videos with my thoughts, I'm going to post quotes from what I read or listen to with my thoughts, and I'm going to post some things that I might write. It's all going together, because it's all making me who I am and it's all what I'm thinking. Back when I started this blog, that was the whole purpose.

But I think this year, a year that I'm walking into with more of a grip on my sense of love and being a spouse and father and what parenting and loving is about, and also discipleship and education and aging (I turn 40 and that is actually meaning something to me), it's about me openly dialoguing with myself. That's what I hope to do here.

So here are my goals for 2020:
1. Date Kristin every month.
2. Write to Magnolia every month.
3. Seek God every day. Study his word. Pray. Externalize the teachings of Christ.
4. Write and publish every day.
5. Flexibly follow a budget. Reflect each month and learn through the process.
6. Decorate the basement. Paint the stairs and hallway. Create new visuals of Bible verses, sayings, pictures.
7. Be a partner with Kristin, not a dictator. Be a leader and father to Magnolia.
8. Love others as Christ did—not in fear or scarcity, but earnestly, with no strings attached.
9. Learn something new as an educator. Finish EU classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment