Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 6

I spent a while this morning cleaning the car. It's not pristine, but it is considerably cleaner than it was. I eat so much in the car, and use it like a closet - leaving clothes, soccer stuff, and church stuff in it - that it really was filthy. Now, no more french fries under the seats, or crumbs from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich breakfasts left on the floorboards or in the cupholders. And all the other clutter is gone. Only 9 more days until I fill it back up and set out.

$3.75 to clean the exterior. I used Rain-X on the windows - that added bit of so-called "safety". Somehow, on a trip back from St. Louis from Matt and Maureen Simpson's wedding, the front fender trim flew off. I remember watching it get run over by an 18-wheeler and shattering into pieces.

$3.25 to vacuum the interior. It was nasty. Somehow, I guess from Buffalo River, I had leaves and tree limbs in the very back. Windex Auto Glass and Interior = money. In the immortal words of Outkast: "so fresh and so clean clean".

No comments:

Post a Comment