Tuesday, June 9, 2009

wrist update

That's my wrist.
The big curved bone is apparently the scaphoid bone, and it was broken clean through, just about right in the middle. The doc said it looked so good that he had to make sure the x-ray tech took the picture of the correct hand. He says that I could still re-injure it if I am too rough on it though, so I still have to wear my splint, but I can begin doing "range of motion" exercises, which amounts to moving my wrist around as I normally would. Newsflash: I've been doing whatever "range of motion" exercises I could, dealing with the pain - that's probably why it healed so well.
Anyway, I'm taking this as good news. I'm supposed to go back in three weeks, but I'm not doing that! So he says I should give them a call in three weeks, then plan on going back for a check-up when I return from my trip. I personally think he just wants more money from me, so we'll see if I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment