Monday, January 11, 2010

firsts

Tonite, after school, I went to a promotional shoot for Life Groups for James River. I went to a guy's house and pretended to be friends with people I didn't know. It was super awkward at first, but then the camera people started making us talk, and we actually got along-imagine that! So I ended up meeting a bunch of new people, some of whom seemed very cool. I was able to avoid most of the video shoots, and I'm pretty sure any video I was in will end up on the cutting room floor, but I was in one of the group photos, which could mean I have my face on some stationary that James River uses to recruit people to join Life Groups. That could prove to be a bit weird.

So I've come home now, and am doing the Tar Heels medicine ball 200 workout that my mom printed off for me from Men's Health. I'm already dying. My legs are absolutely killing me; my shoulders are shot, and I'm breathing hard. It seems like every exercise is meant to work my core, so my abs and lower back are throbbing. The advantages are: I will sleep well tonite, I don't have the TV on, I don't even have music on. I'm living life in a productive manner without consuming. I'm producing by exercising and I'm producing by writing, and soon I will add a new picture to my 365/2010 project. I'm feeling good about myself today. Let's hope most Mondays in 2010 start off this well.

No comments:

Post a Comment