Wednesday, January 6, 2010

really?

This project 365 thing is hard.

I take pictures everyday, but almost always within the context of school. I enjoy the regular pacing and routine of my life outside of school. I am trying to learn to be more observant of the ordinary things in my life that can turn out amazing. I have looked at other 365 projects, and lots of people use filters and enhance their pictures, but I’m sticking with the plain image – no editing, no cropping. It’s just the image. Many times, I'm just taking pictures with my phone, and the quality is lousy, but it captures the moment. Yes, I like the way the filters make things look, and I wish I had time to really play with stuff, because I’ve done some neat things before, but that’s not what this is about. I guess, I'm trying to convince myself that it's ok to not edit the photos, but deep down inside I want to because I want them to look cool and clean, as I've seen others.

Today, after school, Keri and I met with the Comm. Arts Curriculum Coordinator about the PD proposal we've been working on. The meeting was 2 hours long, and in the middle of it the head Curriculum Coordinator for all programs sat down for a chat. It was interesting and very educational. I learned so much about people, and how this program works. I’m learning “on the job” as they say. The challenge is great fun, and I couldn’t imagine doing much else with my time. Coaching soccer and working with the OWP has provided so many cool opportunities for me to learn and grow as an individual. I’m really working on understanding the big picture issues in these scenarios, and looking ahead to what is available in the future. I’m not great about looking ahead; I focus much more on the here and now, and I reflect on what needs to change. I’m trying to consciously take the time to look two, three, five years down the road. That’s really hard for me, because I don’t want to make any plans on my own. I must remember why I am blessed, and why I am where I am. For me, no scripture is more important that Exodus 33:12-18. It serves as the best model for me with regard to the attitude I approach all ventures.

Tomorrow, I’m going to try to get the Kanye West Storytellers DVD. I saw a portion of it while at home in New Orleans on winter holiday, and I really liked it. I enjoy concert DVDs, and so I think it would be an interesting addition to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment