Monday, January 25, 2010

slow

Lots of things going through my mind.
  • My growing love and appreciation of rap music.
  • My desire to create engaging, worthwhile lessons for my students.
  • My attempt to bring podcasting to my Holocaust studies class.
  • How is soccer going to work out, with all the other conflicts? And how many pissed off girls am I going to have when I tell them they can't do volleyball or track and soccer?
  • What would it be like to teach a high school class without computers but with an accessible computer lab?
  • Can I really paint my house and put things together so that I am proud of it, or am I going to need to hire painters to come in to do the work?
  • Can I paint the house, and teach, and work with the OWP, and coach soccer, and lead a Life Group, and stay sane?
  • Should I take a sick day sometime this week so that I can recover and get myself healthy and together?
  • Am I able to build a website for the OWP that is respectable, and up to standards, and useful all at the same time?
  • Can I manage the volume and diversity of emails I am now receiving with the OWP, and keep things organized by program and activity and my own responsibility?
All of these things are possible, but not all of these things are beneficial, to put my own spin on 1 Corinthians 10:23. This is basically what I'm thinking about. How do I make the tough decisions that will benefit me? How will I navigate these waters? I guess this is where my character and my true self are revealed, even in some little things.

It's been nice to reflect, and at least get some questions down on paper. My biggest question right now: how will I say to my mind that stays going and going and going that I need to go to sleep?

In other big news: THE SAINTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL! I really would like to have my house nice for that, and have people over, but I know it won't be done. I'll still hopefully have a few people over anyway.

2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still doing your picture project? Every once in awhile I look at it for new pictures, and I haven't seen it updated in almost a month! I was just wondering because it's neat seeing the pictures you take.

    ReplyDelete