Friday, August 13, 2010

day 5 . . . and continuing

This is my fifth day in a row that I've sat down to write for this blog. Writing isn't something that I have ever done consistently, but since talking to Sara Allen at PV (and of the 2010 OWP SI) about my desire to write everyday, I've found a partner who consistently reminds me of my commitment. There have been days when I didn't remember, like today, and her reminder is necessary. There are other days (but since it's only been five, really not that many) that I've known what I wanted to write about and been itching to sit down.

Today, I want to clean. I want to lay on the couch in front of the TV, put my feet up, and fall asleep. I want to eat some of my left-over soup and allow my brain to turn into that same consistency as I flip the channels in search of God knows what. But now, I sit at my dirty dinner table and write. Mostly, I process.

I process last night and today and realize that I am incredibly blessed. I am surrounded by wonderful people, probably more so than at any other time in my life. I should qualify that statement by making an exception for family, because my family is amazing and when I was younger and we were all closer, nothing could beat us. But now, away from family and as I develop close friendships and work relationships I realize that I am so blessed to have great people in my life. I guess I'm only hoping that things continue in this pattern, and maybe somehow get even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment