Monday, August 30, 2010

not what I intended

I wrote a bunch with my students today, and some of it was really good. I intended to post that writing here, but I guess that'll have to wait for another time. 

After school though, I had a meeting with the other Comm. Arts teachers in the building. One thing we talked about was assessment. Then I counted, and by my calculations, my group of 8th graders this year will have to take eighteen assessments this year. 

1. Language Arts Performance Series test - September, January, May
2. Reading Performance Series test - September, January, May
3. Science Performance Series test - September, January, May
4. Math Performance Series test - September, January, May
5. District Middle School Writing Assessment - Beginning of Year and End of Year
6. Explore Test - October
7. Communication Arts MAP test - March/April
8. Math MAP test - March/April
9. Science MAP test - March/April

Eighteen. I think I've got them all. If that's not ridiculous, please tell me what it is. 

1 comment :

  1. That is ridiculous. i can't believe it. Hasn't anyone else in the district ever counted before?

    ReplyDelete